This knowledgebase article addresses instant credit applications, non-instant credit applications, DealerTrack, and RouteOne for Honda and Acura dealerships. If you are not a Honda or Acura dealer, this knowledgebase article is not relevant to your Modal installation.
Credit applications in Modal occur in two stages:
- the Instant Approval step of Checkout
- the Place Order step of Checkout
Credit Applications in the Instant Approval Step of Checkout
Modal's Checkout includes a step where the buyer can apply for instant credit approval, with realtime results in 60 seconds. For credit applications in this step of Checkout:
- Instant approval is always enabled.
- DealerTrack is the only instant approvals credit application gateway supported for use with Modal.
- Modal supports instant approvals for credit applications sent to AHFC iDeal using our DealerTrack integration. As a Honda or Acura dealer, your Modal account is configured to use DealerTrack for instant approvals, including the instant decisioning from AHFC iDeal.
- Upon successful submission, the buyer will see instant approvals from AHFC iDeal, plus any non-captive lenders configured in your DealerTrack account.
- Modal does not support instant approval for credit applications with AHFC iDeal using our RouteOne integration. RouteOne is not supported for Honda or Acura program dealers, as RouteOne does not support AHFC iDeal.
Credit Applications After You Click Place Order in Checkout
Modal's Checkout ends with the "Place Order" button, after which all non-instant credit applications are sent to your dealership. For this step of Checkout:
- If you are a Honda or Acura dealer, DealerTrack is always enabled for non-instant credit applications.
- Additionally, your dealership can enable non-instant credit applications with RouteOne. Contact your Customer Success manager or Modal Support to enable RouteOne for non-instant credit applications.