Table of Contents
- Modal Checkout requires a dealer to transmit inventory information to Modal.
- This error is displayed when Modal does not have a vehicle's information. Three common causes are documented below.
Inventory Data Feeds
Dealers work with an inventory feed provider and supply them with all of their pricing and vehicle information. Generally, the data comes from a dealer's Dealer Management System (DMS). That information is exported and is available to third parties.
Users will see this error in the following three scenarios.
- Vehicle is not in the inventory feed: In-transit vehicles listed on the dealer's website would display this error message as they are not in inventory feeds. Cross listed inventory may trigger this error if the website provider has not properly setup the correct vehicle on a cross listed website.
- Vehicle is in the inventory feed, but missing pricing information: A missing or invalid pricing input will trigger this error.
- The dealer's website and inventory feed are not in sync: The vehicle has been sold but the website provider has not removed the vehicle from the website.
- The dealer is not using an inventory feed with Modal and Modal is collecting the vehicle's data from the website. There can be a delay to the vehicle loading due to time spend collecting the data. To provide a better experience for the user, please provide Modal with an inventory feed.
Dealers should ensure all vehicle information has been sent to their inventory feed provider. Each vehicle should also have pricing information in addition to vehicle details. Please contact your feed provider and ask for corrections.
Documentation Change Log
- 1.0 / June 20, 2020: Initial draft release.
- 1.1 / August 6, 2020: Reformatted text.