Table of Contents
- How Modal Up Buttons Are Displayed
- Checking for Modal’s Script and Span Tags
- Selector Issue
- Modal’s code must be installed and be selecting the right elements in a webpage for Checkout or Trade to display correctly.
- If Modal’s buttons are not displaying for a live dealer, either the code or the selectors for that code must be updated.
- You can easily check if Modal’s code has been installed through your Browser’s Development Tools.
How Modal Buttons Are Displayed
All content on web pages is composed of HTML tags. Modal’s buttons are displayed by having its html tags append the button to a selected tag on the Dealer’s website. If Modal’s buttons are not displaying for a dealer, the cause can either be Modal’s tags not being installed correctly, or the selectors for those tags are incorrect.
Checking for Modal’s Script and Span Tags
Most browsers have Development Tools that allow you to inspect the HTML tags that comprise a web page. For this article we will use the Chrome Internet Browser, since its Development Tools are the easiest to get started with. On the Dealer Website’s Search Result or Vehicle Display page, right click anywhere and click on Inspect. This will take you to the Dev tools, and you should see something similar below.
In the Development Tools, you will need to be in the Elements tab. You can then perform a search for specific tags with Control + F or Command + F for Mac Users. Perform searches for “script.drivemotors” and “span.drivemotors”, which will look for Modal’s Script and Span tags.
If you see at least one result found for each of these searches, then Modal’s tags have been installed.
If Modal’s tags have not been installed, the Dealer will want to contact their web vendor and ask them to install Modal’s tags using this setup guide.
If Modal’s tags have already been installed, and buttons are still not showing, then it is a selector issue.
If the selector is incorrect, or the selected tag no longer exists, then Modal’s Script and Span tags will not be able to display a button properly. Custom pages for a Dealer are most susceptible to this. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and our team will correct the selectors.
Documentation Change Log
- 1.0 / August 4, 2020: Initial release.