- Dealers work with an Inventory Feed Provider, and supply them with all of their pricing/car details through a Dealer Management System (DMS). That information is saved to a Feed File, that is provided to Web Vendors and third parties (such as Modal).
- In order for Modal Checkout to display the correct car information for each Dealer, Modal needs access to that Dealer’s Feed File.
- Modal gets access to a Dealer’s Feed File, by having the Inventory Feed Provider send it to Modal.
- For Modal to have access to a Dealer’s Feed File, the dealer must approve Modal to use the inventory feed provider.
- Feed providers will then send us the name of the Feed File, and is normally requested to be the dealerId. Assuming we have worked with this provider before, they will already have the configuration on how to send files to Modal. If not, we will have to set up with them.
- Feed Files are sent to Modal’s servers once a day, so you may have to wait 24 hours to see changes.
- Modal works with industry leaders and small vendors. A sample list of our vendor integrations is below.
Feed Providers We Support
|Dealersocket / Inventory+ / AutoMate||
- 1.0 / July 28, 2020: Initial release.
- 1.1 / August 11, 2020: added pricing columns we use with popular feed providers.
- 1.2 / August 12, 2020 : Minor edits.