Modal's products are a powerful mechanism to get high quality leads into your dealership. We ensure that email addresses and phone numbers are properly formatted so that you can follow up with prospective buyers. Occasionally, you may receive a duplicate lead or a fake lead. This article summarizes nexts steps you can take with your CRM provider or web provider.
Resolution Next Steps
- Almost all Modal dealers have lead de-duplicating in their CRMs. If a duplicate customer is provided it only shows up once. Please contact your CRM provider for setup and configuration.
- The best path forward for fake leads is to work with your web provider to block IP addresses originating from the lead. Please note, for privacy reasons, Modal does not log client IP addresses.
- While not recommended by Modal and OEM permitting, Modal is able to remove the lead gate at the beginning of Checkout. Please note that this will result in a decrease in lead generation for non-duplicate customers. Please consult your CSM before requesting to remove your lead gate.
- 1.0 / August 17, 2020: Initial release
- 1.1 / February 17, 2021: Updating with additional resolution steps