Table of Contents
For a more in-depth technical overview of Auto-lead Data Format (ADF) XML 2.0 go here. The purpose of this article is to provide the benefits available for all dealers that switch from Modal's version 1.0 to 2.0.
- Lead source or name, depending on your CRM, now includes the product name in checkout. The 3 available options are:
- Lead source or name, depending on your crm, now includes the transaction type in the lead source. Transaction type can have one of the following 7 values:
- Approved Order - Order completed through Instant Approval flow and the customer selected an Instant Approval response from a lender.
- Order - Customer completed order including information needed for a credit application.
- Non Credit Order - Customer completed an order but used 'skip this' feature to skip credit application submission.
- Partial Orders:
- Abandon - Lead generated when the customer exits checkout and clicks 'close' when prompted on exit.
- Save order - Lead generated when a customer exits checkout and clicks 'save' and enters either a phone number or email to generate link to resume order at a later time.
- Message - Lead generated when the customer submits a message to the dealer through the contact form.
- Trade Leads:
- TradeIn Appraisal - Lead generated through Modal's Trade tool.
- Lead source or name now includes the last completed step in the lead 'source'. For example, if the customer completes the 'Buyer Information' form but abandons checkout on the 'Billing Info' step, the lead will have source 'billing info' in the source.
- Email subject line now contains 'Modal' instead of 'Drive Motors'
Modal is not able to set up macros or customizations for any automated rules for CRM routing. Please reach out to your CRM provider to create any new routing rules. Most CRM providers should be able to do the following with the enhanced ADF XML 2.0:
- Set up autoresponse and lead processing macros as new leads come in
- Run historical lead reports and analytics
It is recommended that you speak to your CRM provider before switching to Modal's ADF XML 2.0 to make the transition smoother.
How to Enable
Please contact Modal support at email@example.com and submit the following information:
1. Your name
2. The dealership you represent
Ask for support to change your dealership to 'Enhanced ADF XML 2.0' and allow 24 business hours to process.
- 1.0 / August 28, 2020: Initial draft release.
- 1.1 / September 1, 2020: Formatting document
- 1.2 / December 15, 2020: Update to include source or name