Table of Contents
During the onboarding process, Modal will ask your web-vendor to install our code onto your website. The code will include <script /> tags on every page that uses a Modal Product. Also, there will be <span /> tags installed for every vehicle that is displaying for Checkout on the current page. If you would like to verify if the Modal code has been installed, we have created a step-by-step walkthrough to follow.
Verify Modal Code has been Installed
- Use Google Chrome:
- In order to view the actual code, you will first need to be using Google Chrome. This browser allows us to use Chrome DevTools.
- Navigate to your Dealership's SRP or VDP page.
- Open Chrome DevTools and Click on the Elements Tab:
- Mac: Command+Option+J
- Linux/Windows: Control+Shift+J
- Once the window has opened, click on Elements in the navigation bar. It should look similar to the image below.
- Search and Verify the Modal Code
- In order to search for our <span /> and <script /> tags, you will first have to hit Command+F on Mac or Control+F on Linux/Windows to add the search bar.
- Then, in the search bar type script.drivemotors. If the <script /> tag has been installed, the search bar should note that 1 has been found as shown below.
- Similarly, you can check for our <span /> tags by searching span.drivemotors. The number present will be 1 for every vehicle available for Checkout on the current page.
Document Change Log
• 1.0 / August 26, 2020: Initial release