Table of Contents
- Submitting Test Orders, without sending to CRMs and Finance Systems
- Submitting Test Orders to CRMs and Finance Systems
- Documentation Changelog
- Modal offers the ability to test functionality with or without sending outputs to Dealer CRMs and Finance Systems.
- In order to control this testing functionality, you will need to input specific user info.
A dealer may want to test and evaluate the Checkout process from a user’s perspective, or test how a lead, credit application, and order is processed from the Modal platform when it reaches the dealer CRM or Finance System. In this article, we will discuss the best practices to handle these test cases.
Submitting Test Orders, without sending to CRMs and Finance Systems
If you want to test Modal Checkout without sending any outputs to the dealer CRM and Finance Systems, test leads and orders should be created with both first and last name “Test”. You should use your own email address.
If a user enters these test credentials then:
When a user prematurely exits the checkout process or places an order, Modal will not send a lead to CRM.
When a user engages the instant approval flow or places an order, no applications will be sent to DealerTrack or RouteOne.
Submitting Test Orders to CRMs and Finance Systems
If you want to test the functionality of the lead and credit application outputs of Modal Checkout, use the first name of “Modal” and last name of “Dealership”. Do not use any other name. Any email address without a domain of @modalup.com will do.
If a user prematurely exits the checkout process or places an order, Modal will send a lead to CRM.
If a user engages the Instant approval flow or places an order, an application will be sent to DealerTrack or RouteOne.
- 1.0 / September 18, 2020: Initial draft release.