Table of Contents
- What you'll need to provide
- How can I use the Checkout Exit URL?
- I want to set up a survey. How will I know which dealership the survey belongs to?
Modal Checkout has a feature called Customer Exit URL. A dealer, dealer group, or OEM can have a user be prompted a URL when the user exits Checkout.
- The Customer Exit URL will launch in a new browser tab when the Modal Checkout session is closed at any point during the user session.
- The Customer Exit URL will only launch when Modal Checkout is launched from a dealer website. The Customer Exit URL will not launch in Modal Shop.
- The Customer Exit URL will only launch every 10 minutes at most per user session.
Please talk with your Customer Success Manager (CSM) to enable this feature.
What you'll need to provide
Modal's support team will configure the Customer Exit URL. The dealer, dealer group, or OEM will need to provide the web address (URL).
If your CSM is not available, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Subject : (insert dealership name) wants to enable Customer Exit URL
- Body: Please add this Customer Exit URL to our Modal Checkout: (insert web address URL here). This is the link to our website (insert dealer website).
How can I use the Checkout Exit URL?
Modal can prompt the user to any page. Here is some example of types of pages:
- a survey form
- a dealer contact site
- a dealership about page
- an informative video
- a social media page
- a "we're sorry to see you leave, please give us a call" page
I want to set up a survey. How will I know which dealership the survey belongs to?
Modal's support team can pass the Modal Dealer ID over as a query string in the Customer Exit URL. With this id, the dealership's software team can receive the data to identify which dealership the survey belongs to. Modal will provide the ids for the dealerships.
- 1.0 / September 28, 2020: Initial release
- 1.1 / December 14, 2020: Updated with December 14 2020 release notes