The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) gives consumers more control over the personal information that businesses collect about them. This landmark law secures new privacy rights for California consumers, including:
- The right to know about the personal information a business collects about them and how it is used and shared;
- The right to delete personal information collected from them (with some exceptions);
- The right to opt-out of the sale of their personal information; and
- The right to non-discrimination for exercising their CCPA rights.
Exercising CCPA Requests in Modal
If a user sends a CCPA request to your dealer/website, you can perform both the 'Opt out' and 'Delete' actions using Modal Desk.
- Find the customer you're searching for using the included search feature or by browsing the Customer list.
- Click on the overflow menu on the left sidebar which looks like 3 dots.
- Click either 'Do not sell this customer's data' or 'Delete customer' depending on the nature of the request.
- Follow the prompts and confirmations to complete each action.
*Note for 'Delete customer': Customer data may still appear temporarily in the Modal platform until the system data is automatically refreshed.