Drive revenue and get to yes faster with Modal's Create a Deal feature:
- Users are able to create one of a kind, custom deals for specific customer/vehicles
- Sellers can easily update and add customer details/information in one location
- Generate and send a unique URL checkout link straight to the buyer
How does it work?
- First, login to Modal Dashboard.
- Then, create a deal using one of the below options.
Global deal button
Create a deal from scratch
- OR -
Customer or transaction deal button
Find a specific Customer, Order, Lead, or Trade and use the deal button in the sidebar to create a deal using that customer's or transaction's data.
- Select a payment type for the deal. This payment type will be locked in when the customer receives their deal link. To send a deal for more than one payment type, simply send multiple deals with different links.
- Load a vehicle by searching for a specific VIN or stock number, or the vehicle will load automatically if the Deal is created from an existing Customer or transaction.
- The vehicle will load with its default price and packed products shown.
- The dealer can add a discount on top of the default vehicle price.
- When the customer opens their unique link, the added discount will be included on their order.
- All other Checkout behavior proceeds as normal except the customers' price before rebates, payment type, name, email, and phone are locked in.
Share Deal to Customer
- After creating the deal, click "Share". The customer info will be locked in if you created the deal from an existing customer, otherwise, the customer name, phone, and email must be input.
- Use the Email, Text, or Link button to send or copy a link to the deal. A dealer CRM lead will also be sent to notify the dealership that this deal was shared with the customer.
- The deal will also be shown in that Customer's activity feed.
- When creating a deal, does it include rebates or dealer cash?
- Currently, when creating a deal, rebates and dealer cash are not applied during the Create Deal process.
- When a customer receives the Create Deal link, and proceeds through Checkout, rebates and dealer cash will be applied in Checkout if applicable as per the dealer’s default Checkout settings and the eligible lender data for the user’s selected terms.
- 1.0 / February 12, 2020: Initial release.
- 1.1 / February 16, 2020: Adding FAQs