What it is?
Car buyers can take an Exit Survey to rate their experience on the Modal Checkout platform. Both the survey in the native Modal experience and the survey on a third-party URL are supported.
Native survey options:
- Customer satisfaction (CSAT)
- Net Promoter Score (NPS)
Third-party survey option:
Just provide us any URL where you want to conduct a survey and we will redirect the car buyers.
Can I configure the survey?
There are multiple ways a dealer can configure the survey experience.
- % steps completed: Survey can be set to get triggered when the user has completed a certain percentage of steps in the Checkout. For example, a dealer can set the survey trigger to 60% step completion.
- On step: Survey can be set to get triggered when the user has completed a certain step in the Checkout. For example, a dealer can set the survey triggered when the car buyer has at least completed the upgrade step in the Checkout.
- Time: Survey can be set to get triggered when the user has been in the Checkout for a certain time duration. For example, a dealer can set the survey triggered when the car buyer has at least spent 90 seconds in the Checkout.
- % steps completed or time: both values can be set, the survey is triggered if one or both conditions are met
- On step or time: both values can be set, the survey is triggered if one or both conditions are met
Modal keeps track if the survey is already presented to the car buyer in the last 10 minutes, then they are not offered to take part in another survey.
Does the survey follow the branding and styling of Checkout?
Yes, the survey will follow the customized branding and styling set for the dealership.
Where can I see the survey feedback & results?
You will be able to see Survey results in the Modal Desk (formerly Dashboard). We are currently working on completing this feature and it will be ready soon. In the meantime, we can provide the survey results on-demand via regular support channels.
Are there any recommended settings?
We recommend that you set the following parameters for Survey. These can of course be adjusted anytime.
- % steps completed: 60%
- On step: Upgrades
- Time: 90 Seconds
- Survey style: CSAT
- Dealer email to receive survey results:
How do I get the survey enabled for my dealership?
Just reach out to your CS representative or open a support ticket.
Can the surveys be disabled?
Yes, surveys can be disabled. However, we do have the ability to switch between survey styles CSAT, NPS, and external links if you choose to change instead of disabling the survey.
What settings can I configure?
- Opt-in question
- You can ask the opt-in question to car buyers before presenting them with the survey. We recommend using this setting especially for external survey links that take car buyers out of the Checkout experience and navigate to a third-party website.
- Survey qualification criteria
- % steps completed: 50%, 60%, 70%, 80%, 90%, 100%
- On step: Trade Evaluation, Build Payment, F&I Upgrades, Buyer Address, Credit Application, Order Review, Order Submitted
- Minimum session time: 30, 60, 90 Seconds
What type of survey would you like to use?
- Custom Survey (conditional - add link)
- October 6, 2021: Initial release